Zappos: Stepping Forward-Stakeholder Satisfaction
Case Study 3: Stepping Forward in Stakeholder Satisfaction
Due Week 9 and worth 200 points
Read the “Zappos: Stepping Forward in Stakeholder Satisfaction” case, located on page 475 of the textbook.
Write a four to six (4-6) page paper in which you.1. Analyze the manner in which Zappos’ leadership has fostered a culture of ethicalness in the company. Suggest two (2) actions that other companies can take in order to mimic this culture.
Zappos’ leadership has succeeded in developing a culture characterized by ethicalness by identifying and integrating core values into the organization, which place great emphasis on the employees’ and customers’ happiness (Ferrell, Fraedrich, & Ferrell, 2015). Having identified with this ethics-laden culture, Zappos has so far created a favorable and productive working environment. In particular, the company’s workplace environment comprises an effective communication system, a healthy and rewarding relationship between leaders and their followers or low-level employees, as well as high-level trust among stakeholders. At the same time, new beliefs by Hsieh has also played a central role in creating the present-day’s Zappos’ ethical culture, including his belief that getting the culture right serves as a prerequisite for gaining a deeper understanding of what constitutes a successful company. According to Hsieh, many organizations from across the globe tend to overlook the vital role played by organizational culture in ensuring success, especially when it comes to influencing employee morale, determining profitability, and improving quality of products.2. Determine the major impacts that Zappos’ leadership and ethical practices philosophy have had on its stakeholders.
3. Examine three (3) of the ethical challenges that Zappos faces. Recommend three (3) actions that Zappos’ leadership should take in order to address these ethical challenges.
4. Evaluate the effectiveness of the core values in relation to developing a culture of ethicalness. Determine the manner in which the core values support the stakeholder’s perspective.
5. Analyze the major ethical challenges that Zappos has faced. Determine whether or not you would have resolved these challenges differently than Zappos’ management. Provide a rationale for your response.
6. Go to https://research.strayer.edu to locate at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other similar Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.