Week 6 Discussion DNP Role Development
Choose 2 of the following areas to discuss:
1. Do you think you are a role model for nursing practice in your healthcare setting? If so, what qualities enable you role-model effectively? If not, what qualities would enhance your ability to role-model?
2. What social determinants of health affect health inequities globally?
Income and wealth: Inequality in income and wealth can lead to disparities in access to essential resources, such as safe housing, healthy food, and quality healthcare, which can ultimately impact health outcomes.
Education: A lack of educational opportunities and low levels of education can limit access to information and resources, and make it difficult for individuals to make informed health decisions.
Employment and working conditions: Unstable, low-wage employment and poor working conditions can lead to stress, exposure to harmful substances, and limited access to benefits and health services.
Neighborhood and physical environment: Access to safe and healthy environments, such as green spaces, is crucial for health and well-being. Inadequate infrastructure, lack of clean water and air, and exposure to pollution can impact health outcomes.Racism and discrimination: Racism and discrimination can lead to unequal treatment, marginalization, and a lack of access to essential resources, such as healthcare and education, which can ultimately impact health outcomes.
Social support networks: Lack of access to social support networks can impact mental health and increase the risk of chronic conditions, such as heart disease.
Health services: Limited access to quality health services, particularly in low- and middle-income countries, can impact health outcomes and contribute to health inequities.
3. How has nursing historically analyzed data? What has been the major focus?
4. Discuss the Purnell Model for Cultural Competence.
5. One role of the DNP graduate is to evaluate care delivery models. Identify and briefly discuss a theory/model that may used by the DNP graduate to evaluate care delivery models.
Answer in at least 600 words.