Supporting Good Practice in Performance
Activity 1The Managing Director of your organisation has requested the HR department to provide a report for the Board which outlines the links between organisational performance, reward and motivation. You have been asked to write the report, and include the following:
1. A description of the purpose of performance management and its relationship to business objectives and the organisation’s success.
2. An explanation of the key components of performance management systems.
3. An explanation of how performance management processes relate to staff motivation.
4. An explanation of the purpose of reward within a performance management system.
5. An exploration of the components of an effective total reward system.
6. An identification and explanation of at least five factors that need to be considered when managing performance.
7. A description of the data required by individuals that are involved within a performance and reward management process.
8. An explanation of the frequency, purpose and process of performance reviews.
(a) You should conduct a performance review meeting. This should be either within your own organisation or through an observed role play. This must be observed and evaluated by an independent person such as a work manager, assessor or tutor.
(b) Provide short a written reflective review (about 400 words), outlining the strengths and weaknesses of your handling of the performance review meeting, and the learning points and actions for you when undertaking such meetings in the future.
1. Be able to explain the link between organisational success, performance management and motivation.
2. Be able to explain the relationship between performance management and reward.
3. Be able to contribute to effective performance and reward management in the workplace.
4. Be able to conduct and reflect upon a performance review.
Please Note the Following Important Information:
Tutors can insist that students base and use illustrations from the organisation that they are currently employed in for the completion of ANY or ALL assignments.
Students can be referred, if they do not follow this instruction.
Students whom have recently changed roles or are not employed should discuss the options available with their tutor prior to commencing work on their assignments.
Where possible, please ensure the assignment coversheet and written assignment are one document.
Without the cover sheet your assignment cannot be marked.
If you do not follow the assignment word count guidance, your work can be returned unmarked.