Science Material Advocacy Letter
Educators should be familiar with the materials used within the classroom to provide students with scientific learning opportunities. Often, the teacher needs supplemental materials to provide rich, hands-on learning experiences.Write a 500-750 word letter to a principal requesting developmentally appropriate classroom resources for science instruction in a pre-K-3 classroom.
Include the following in your letter:
- A rationale for using grade appropriate classroom resources, particularly technology, in early childhood science instruction to meet the needs of students and strengthen the learning environment.
- A list of three developmentally appropriate classroom resources. At least one requested resource must be a technology that is interactive and can extend the possibilities for learning. For each resource include an explanation of the following:
- How the resource facilitates scientific exploration and develops the curiosity of students in the intended age range
- How the resource helps engage students with different learning styles or preferences or who come from diverse backgrounds
- How to obtain the resource and its approximate cost
Support your letter with at least three scholarly resources.
While APA style format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.