Role of Healthcare in the United States
INSTRUCTIONS: For this you will be writing a traditional research paper. The research paper should be 8 pages
NOTE: Research papers should conform to APA standards for a formal research paper including running header and highly credible and scholarly references. RESEARCHINFORMATION: In research you guided by a question which you as the author are attempting to discover and utilize facts that address a possible response to the question. Research is not a commentary or opinion-based format such as a New York Times op-ad or blogs. While the topic is highly emotionally charged and has significant divergent opinions it is imperative as a researcher that you utilize facts, data and information to guide the reader. Well formatted research papers contain at a minimum a background, facts/ data, analysis (discussion) and finally a summary or recommendation / conclusion that the facts led you as the author to express and guided the reader logically to your conclusion.
RESEARCH QUESTION: What is the proper role of healthcare in the United States? Is it a service for sale or a right? What and why would you recommend as the next major revision to the nation’s healthcare?
GUIDING INFORMATION: To fully address this question, the analysis may consider the following guiding topics:
- What role is played by government?
- Consider the economic impact across the ecosystem of healthcare and the overall US economy.
- Identify and analyze current trends in healthcare, including information technology, biotechnology, smart phones, health informatics, and other relevant technologies in the context of the overall US healthcare system.
- Address the impact of various stakeholders and influencers.
- How do education, workforce availability, and human capital issues affect healthcare?
- Identify key factors driving or limiting the further growth of healthcare.
- How do the social determinants of health impact?
- What other external factors might influence healthcare?
- What role does globalization play in the health care delivery model?
- What other healthcare models are successful or unsuccessful and why?
- Deliberate on the roles of professional obligation and ethics.
- Consider Western culture and economic structures in relation to health care. (Capitalism, consumerism, individual freedoms, religious beliefs, mortality beliefs etc.)
In a well written and well researched paper attempt to guide the reader through a logical analysis of the research question and your point of view based on the facts. In conclusion make a recommendation based on these facts / research as a change in HEALTH POLICY which the government could enact.
-APA 7th edition reference style
– 5 references