Personal Leadership: 7 Leadership Mindsets Theory
You will produce a report that critically assesses and evaluates your company’s leadership and management culture, worldview and leadership styles in the context of leadership theory and critically assesses and evaluates your personal leadership using Seven Leadership Mind-sets Theory (vMEME) (2400) words. This assignment is formative, it attracts no direct weight, but is used to guide and give feedback to enable you to do well in LP2 which is next and which will be a 30 credit report. The Task:
You will produce a written report of 2400 words (+/- 10%) that critically assesses and evaluates your personal leadership using Seven Leadership Mindsets Theory (vMEME) and all the types of leadership approaches and styles it contains. You need to highlight strong theoretical knowledge and application to your own and other organisational contexts.
Critically analyse leadership problems and challenges within your or case example organisational utilising critical evaluation and application of appropriate theory.
1. Critically evaluate how certain types of leadership / management styles differ depending on history, culture, geographic life and conditions drawing on your organisation and other mini-case examples. Ensure that the culture is critically defined, examples are given and also produce a ‘cultural snapshot’ –thematic poster / picture linking to the Seven Leadership Mind Sets. Attach this as an appendices item and ensure it is fully explained.
2. Critically evaluate how certain types of leadership/management styles impact on people performance productivity. Ensure concrete examples of impacts are discussed and applied to self and that of your team.
3. Critically evaluate how certain types of leadership/management styles determine who will ‘follow and how’ they will follow. Demonstrate with actual or potential scenarios relative to yourself and your team/ colleagues and the strategic direction of your organisation.
4. Critically evaluate your personal leadership capabilities using the Seven Leadership Mind-sets theory and critically analyse the need for your future professional development by identifying the strategic direction of your organisation, the sector and potential job roles. Attach to the assignment a written one page (font size 12) personal statement for an ideal job in your sector drawing on the seven leadership mind set theory and your strengths. Make sure the Job specification is given. Use the STAR Acronym to help structure answers to competence and requirements. E.G Situation, Task, Action and Results.
5. Specific conclusion: Having studied the seven mindset-thinking systems, critically reflect and conclude what the definition of an effective leader should be. Critically discuss if you view of leadership has evolved or if it has stayed the same. Make recommendations for your own development and that of the organisation to address your vision of what leadership is. Draw on evidence from across the main areas within your conclusion.
Context notes: Through application of Seven Leadership Mind Theory (vMEME) you will have a tool (and the skill) to critically assess and evaluate all types of personal leadership theories and worldviews that include USA, UK, China, European countries, India, Oman, GCC, African countries, etc. Leadership is different depending on the relevant mindset (life conditions, how individuals adapt to successfully compete and socio-cultural elements). Inevitably leadership mindset impacts everything in a company – strategy, people, performance, productivity, etc.Instruction on structure
A suggested structure for the written report would include the following:
Introduction to assignment purpose and your organisation / sector that you will explore.
There is no literature review in the sense of having a separate theory section, you have to integrate the seven mindset thinking systems theory, and any related theories e.g. emotional intelligence or six sigma approaches, with the personal leadership styles within your own organisation into the specific questions (1, 2 3 and 4) and the answers below.
This assignment can be divided into four equally weighted main body sections. With a very specific conclusion ad recommendation section
- Create insight into your leadership style by answering questions about your organisational / personal leadership inside your organisation from a leadership and cultural perspective.
- Assess the impact on people performance and potential improvements.
- Using the theory consider the notion of who will follow and how they will follow.
- Analyse your own leadership and others within your organisation produce an assessment / reflection assessing your leadership capabilities and generate a personal job application statement.
Conclusion / Recommendations. Discuss how your understanding of ‘leadership’ has evolved as a result of the readings given in this unit. Make recommendations for your own development and that of the organisation to address your vision of what leadership is. Draw on evidence from across the main areas within your conclusion. These form specific conclusion and recommendations: It is advised that you need to draw on evidence from other sections and do not introduce new theory or concepts at this stage.
References– Harvard style and in alphabetical order.
Appendices-Numbered and ensure reference to this is made in the main body of the report.