Operations Management Case Study
Case Study; Concept Design Services. This case study provides the source material for the course work brief for operations management.“Over a 10-year period we have totally transformed our outlook, our resources and our prospects. From being and inward-looking manufacturing company, we have become a customer-focused, integrated service provider. From a large commodity supplier, we have become known for our value-added and innovative designs. Most importantly, our performance as a company has been little short of spectacular, and I see no reason why we cannot continue on this upward path [Table 1]. I know that the Group board is very impressed with our achievements and uses this subsidiary as its best example of successful innovation.” (Excerpt)
|Please review the CDS case study and attempt the following. All points must be addressed. |
· Critically evaluate the CDS operations and describe the relevance of operations management in CDS. Use the knowledge to explain how the CDS’ operations management activities be appropriate for its competitiveness.
· Identify and critically evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of the key operations performance of objectives for CDS. What implications can you draw from these?
· Critically evaluate the extent to which CDS activities, in terms of design, delivery, and development, influence its performance objectives.
· Analyse the changes, including their motivations, in CDS operations and processes, explain how CSD can adapt to future changes.
· How can CDS benchmark itself against competitors and what can you recommend for CDS to improve its operations?