NURBN 3018 Transition of Nursing Essay
In this assessment students will be required to write a 2000 word essay.
“All managers are responsible for monitoring the quality of the product that their units produce; in health-care organizations, that product is patient care……………Inspiring subordinates to establish and achieve high standards of care is a leadership skill. Leaders are a role model for high standards in their own nursing care and encourage subordinates to seek maximum rather than minimum standards. One way that this can be accomplished is by involving subordinates in the quality control process. By studying direct cause–effect relationships, subordinates learn to modify individual and group performance to improve the quality of care provided.” (Marquis & Huston, 2017).
Quality and safety standards are inherent in patient care and you as a registered nurse will be responsible for achieving them. You will be role modelling and teaching to peers and students as a registered nurse. The essay question is:
Analyse and critically discuss the registered nurses responsibilities in leading a team to ensure National Safety and Quality Health Service (NSQHS) standards are met through clinical teaching when providing quality patient care. Your essay should include:
- Identification of at least 2 leadership styles, and your rationale for choosing this leadership style.
- Outline the RN’s responsibilities and methods to lead a team to provide quality care.
- What role modelling or teaching should the team leader provide during the shift.
- Identify the RN Standards of Practice (2016) that are demonstrated through teaching to ensure quality patient care.
- A focus on NSQHS standards 1, 2 and 6.