Influence Groups in Policymaking
Week 3 – Assignment: Analyze the Role and Impact of Influence Groups in Policymaking
Your CEO has asked you to examine the Sunshine Act and make a presentation regarding this Act and its impact on your organization. In your presentation, describe the Physician Payments Sunshine Act (“Sunshine Act”) and its purpose. Be sure to address these items as well:
- Choose an organization that would fall under the Sunshine Act. This could be a dental practice, physician group, applicable group purchasing organization, or other applicable organization.
- Identify the purpose of the Sunshine Act.
- Explain any political motivations behind the act.
- Determine possible impact on how care is delivered in your organization and the community.
- Recognize consequences of violating this law on care delivery and the organizational image of your hospital.
You will create a voice-over PowerPoint presentation by providing a narrative to accompany your slide presentation or using Kaltura Capture. Speaker notes should be included for each slide to clarify and enhance your presentation.
Please remember you are making a professional, thoughtful presentation. Create attractive meaningful slides that can be read by your audience. When doing your voice-over, speak clearly and slowly. You may find yourself making this presentation to more than one audience. This presentation may prove useful as a tool to educate the community, advocacy groups, and providers of care.
Length: 7-10 slide PPT, not including title or reference slides, with speaker notes
Include a minimum of 5 scholarly resources.