Hospitality Management Simulations Assessment
Strategic Business PlanStudent groups (of no more than four members, and no less than three) will develop a 3000-word strategic business
plan for a hospitality business using the software simulation program. This business plan will be presented in report
format and will include an evaluation of quantitative and qualitative data and key strategic management decisions
that need to be implemented to improve the position of the hotel in the three (3) years following the end of the
Your report should cover the following areas:
• Overall Strategy
You will need to utilise at least two (2) theoretical models in each of these sections as a means of identifying the best
strategy for the hotel moving forward.
Present your findings as a research report (3000 words) using the following structure:
• Cover page: All group member’s names and student numbers, MGT802 and the title of the report: this should be a concise description of your report
• Table of contents: list all major sections with page numbers
• Introduction: Cover the Background (what has come before the report to make it necessary for you to write it?), Aim(s) (what is the main aim(s) of the report?) and Scope (how will you cover this aim(s), discuss sections and what will and won’t be covered).
• Main body: This should be divided into four mainsections. These being:
o Overall Strategy
There need to be the utilisation of at least two (2) theoretical models per section as well as regular intext referencing to support your writing.
• Conclusion and recommendations: Using the literature write a short summary of your findings as well as some concise and practical recommendations for further research on the subject matter discussed in your report.
• Reference list: use the APA referencing system.
• Appendices (if needed): If you have heavily referred to documents or other information in your report, you can add these items in as appendices items.Please note the following important points:
• The report should be in a clear, easy to read font, 12-point size, with 1.15 spacing. Overall presentation should reflect the appropriate business format.
• Unreferenced reports, or those that do not include a minimum of twelve (12) references, will receive a grade of 50% or less. The quality of your references will impact your grade (at least six (6) of your sources should be scholarly, i.e. peer-reviewed academic journal articles, to pass)
• Descriptive papers (i.e. not critical) will receive a grade of 50% or less