Fast Food industry Operations Management
Assessment 4: Briefing DocumentOverview
Throughout this course you have learned about the importance of flow; material and information flow. The concept was discovered in topics such as process management, bottleneck analysis, inventory management, Toyota Production System to name a few. The focus has been strongly on the internal process environment.
Assessment 4 is an individual research report that is focused on ensuring that students are able to do quality research (peer reviewed articles (most important), textbook, reports, etc.) into how to effectively and efficiently operate a business the fast food industry.
Students are expected to answer the following questions:
• Identify both established and emerging consumer value propositions within the fast found industry.
• Provide a process map (or flowchart) of a fast food restaurant’s order fulfilment process.
• Discuss how Blockchain may enhance the supply chain performance in the fast food industry?
• Review the relationship between service quality and profitability with the adoption of Blockchain in the supply chain.
• Describe the potential operational challenges faced by managers of your chosen restaurant to implement a Blockchain solution.
• Provide recommendations for improving the service operations of the fast food restaurants.
To successfully complete the assessment, students will need to explain in depth and within the permitted word limit of 2500 words the stated questions. This word limit includes the title page, the table of contents and the references list. Students research must be done by undertaking quality research (peer reviewed articles (most important), textbook, reports, etc.) in order to achieve high marks for the ‘Research Section’ of the
marking criteria which is worth 45%.The recommended report structure is:
Table of Contents
1. Established and Emerging Value Propositions in the fast food industry
1.1 ADD APPROPRIATE SUB HEADINGS
1.2 ADD APPROPRIATE SUB HEADINGS
2. Process Map of Order Fulfilment Process
3. Application of Blockchain in the fast food industry
3.1 ADD APPROPRIATE SUB HEADINGS
3.2 ADD APPROPRIATE SUB HEADINGS
4. Relationship between service quality and profitability
4.1 ADD APPROPRIATE SUB HEADINGS
4.2 ADD APPROPRIATE SUB HEADINGS
5. Potential Operational Challenges implementing Blockchain
5.1 ADD APPROPRIATE SUB HEADINGS
5.2 ADD APPROPRIATE SUB HEADINGS
6.1 ADD APPROPRIATE SUB HEADINGS
6.2 ADD APPROPRIATE SUB HEADINGS
8. List of References (Check formatting correctness by visiting the website http://uow.libguides.com/refcite/uowharvard)
NB: Please note that you will need to achieve a minimum of 50 over 100 on this major piece of assessment. The failure to achieve 50 over 100 will result in failing the subject.
It is expected that students familiarise themselves with the relevant theory and build a bridge between theory and the application in practice.Additional Important Report Information
• Please pay attention to the Assessment Marking Criteria.
• The assessment must be Harvard referenced, typed Arial 12 font, 1.5 spaced, and delivered in the report structure highlighted above.
• It is recommend using no less than 7 references for the report with many to come from peer reviewed journal articles.
• The assessment will need to be submitted to the Moodle site by the due time.
• It is recommended to plan time appropriately and start assessments early.