Ethical Considerations in Health Care
Healthcare Planning & Evaluation
Ethical Considerations in Health Care [WLOs: 1, 2] [CLOs: 1, 3, 5, 6]
Prior to beginning work on this discussion forum, read Chapters 10 and 11 in our textbook along with the instructor guidance. Additionally, review the following: A Brief History of Environmental Bioethics (Links to an external site.).
Medical ethics encompasses many situations. In this discussion, you will explore one of the following ethical issues related to the health care industry.Below is the ethical issue you are assigned to complete in your initial post.
Patient Care – neglect, disrespectful behaviors, lack of cultural competence, failure to recognize or support patient autonomy, biased care provisions, withholding pain management measures, causing patient harm through intentional or unintentional actions, etcetera.
- First letter of last name: A, E, J, M, Q, R
In your initial post, address the following:
- Create a brief example illustrating unethical behavior as it relates to your assigned topic. The example can be either a fictitious scenario or based on a real-world event.
- Discuss the steps you would take if you witnessed the unethical behavior discussed above in your workplace.
- Explain the steps you would take if you were asked to participate in the unethical practice addressed above.
- Describe how an organization’s strategic plan can address unethical behaviors as it relates to your assigned topic.
Your initial post must be at least 250 words and must use a minimum of two credible sources to support your discussion content. The supporting resources can be the textbook as well as the required or recommended resources provided in this course, the University of Arizona Global Campus Library, or credible websites.The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. All referenced materials must include citations and references in APA format. Please see directions for including APA Style elements on these Writing Center pages: APA: Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.) and APA: Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.).