Enterprise Systems Implementation Case Study
|Alignment with Unit and Course||Unit Learning Outcomes
ULO 1: Show an understanding of the basic principles and issues associated with enterprise systems.
ULO 2: Explain and describe the scope of common enterprise systems (e.g. supply chain, HRM, procurement, etc.)
ULO 3: Identify and critically assess the challenges associated with implementing enterprise systems and their impact on business.
ULO 4: Demonstrate an understanding of the enterprise system development life cycle, from selection, acquisition, implementation, and maintenance.
ULO 5: Identify the factors that contribute to an organisation’s readiness to implement enterprise systems and how obstacles might be overcome.
|Graduate Attributes Assessed
GA 2: Collaboration
GA 3: Research
GA 4: Critical Thinking
GA 5: Ethical Behaviour
GA 6: Flexibility
|Due Date/Time||Week 11 (Report & Presentation)|
|Case studies assess students’ understanding of concepts presented in weekly lectures and tutorials by researching and analysing real life situations. This is an individual assignment.
In this assignment, students are required to identify a recent Enterprise Systems implementation in an organisation and write a 2,500 to 2,600-word report and create a 5-6 minute PowerPoint presentation on the following issues depicted in the chosen case study. (From the Insert tab, choose Insert Audio. Keep the narration for each slide under 40 seconds).
1. For any large firm or enterprise describe the nature of the Enterprise Systems that the organisation adopted to improve or maintain operational efficiency, improve customer / supplier intimacy, improve decision making, create new products, services, and business models (i.e. to innovate), and to gain a competitive advantage:
2. Identify all risks including the dependencies on the firm’s supply chain that could affect or disrupt operations on the supply chain.
3. Provide an assessment of how successful the adoption of the Enterprise Systems was to reduce friction on the supply chain, i.e. to maintain operational efficiency, and a discussion of any success metrics that were used.
You are required to use additional references to support your arguments.
Students are required to create a short 5-6 minute presentation that includes audio which presents a summary of the report findings. The presentation should consist of at least 10 to 12 slides including the title slide and references slide. Keep your narration to about 20 to 30 seconds for each slide.
A soft copy of the presentation should be submitted to Moodle. Ensure that your presentation is less than 25MB in size.
Online Moodle Submission via Turnitin.
Before submission, you ensure the submitted work satisfies the following requirements:
• The assignment is to be written in a report format. It must have separate sections for each of the FOUR tasks above.
• The report should additionally, include an Executive Summary, Table of Contents, Introduction, Conclusion and References
• Submit as a PDF file through the Turnitin assignment submission tool on Moodle.
• Include a cover sheet that has your name, subject, date, report title and WORD COUNT
• The assignment should not exceed 2,600 words with a minimum of 2,500 words, excluding references.
Students whose ability to submit or attend an assessment item is affected by sickness, misadventure or other circumstances beyond their control, may be eligible for special consideration. No consideration is given when the condition or event is unrelated to the student’s performance in a component of the assessment, or when it is considered not to be serious.
Students applying for special consideration must submit the form within 3 days of the due date of the assessment item or exam.
The request form must be submitted to Student Services. Supporting evidence should be attached. For further information please refer to the Student Assessment Policy and associated Procedure available on
Referencing and Plagiarism It is essential to use IN TEXT referencing. If you are using the exact words from a reference then you must use quotation marks. You can use Harvard Style referencing, with a listing at the end of the essay.
http://www.citethisforme.com/harvard–referencing Remember that this is a Turnitin assignment and plagiarism will be subject to severe penalties. Please refer to the AIH Academic Misconduct Policy: https://aih.nsw.edu.au/wp–
DO NOT COPY AND PASTE FROM THE INTERNET OR COPY OTHER STUDENTS’ WORK!