Curriculum Development Assignment Analysis
- What is a goal-based model of curriculum planning, and how does one determine the locus of planning decisions and organizational structures that are needed?
- What is the importance of establishing a curriculum framework?
- How can we identify and allocate leadership functions as well as align goals with curricular fields?
- How do we organize, evaluate, change, and provide curriculum resources?
Select a college or university and provide the information listed below for the university.
- · History of the Institution
- · Mission Statement
- · Accreditation Status of the Institution
- · Institutions Goals and Objectives
Discussion Board 2
- How can community members be involved in curriculum planning?
- How Do We Define Curriculum?
- Curriculum is that which is taught at school.
- Curriculum is a set of subjects.
- Curriculum is content.
- Curriculum is a sequence of courses.
- Curriculum is a set of performance objectives.
- Curriculum is all planned learning for which the school is responsible.
- Curriculum is all the experiences learners have under the guidance of the school.
Eight Common Curriculum Design
1. Content-based instruction purpose: knowledge, acquisition activity: facts, data, and representative form
2. Shell Based Instruction purpose: process and manipulation activity: practice, ordering application
3. Inquiry Approach purpose: awareness, interest activity: unknown, sampling
4. Conceptual Learning purpose: understanding activity: big ideas, familiarity
5. Interdisciplinary Learning purpose: making connection activity: application
6. Cooperative Learning purpose: coordinating social skills activity: group work
7. Problem Solving purpose: apply skills activity: current events
8. Critical and Creative Thinking purpose: construction of new forms activity: model building, imagination