Consumer Interaction and Narratives Reflection Assignment
- Students are to engage with a consumer who is experiencing illness or who has had previous contact with the health care system.
- Students are to produce a narrative piece of writing structured under Borton’s Framework for Reflection’s What? So What? and Now What?headings.
What? Students are to provide a synopsis of the consumer interaction (What did they say? / What happened to the consumer? / What was their experience?).
So What? Students are to provide a detailed exploration of the narratives of the consumer health journey with reference to the three narrative theories discussed in week 1. (What does it all mean? / What are the underlying themes? / What narrative theory is evident?).
Now What? Students are to provide an insightful reflection around how the interaction has contributed to their professional development (How the experience will make you a better nurse?).Use the following structure as a guide for your assignment:
- Cover page or header with the unit number, unit title, assignment title and your student number (not included in word count).
- Introduction:Approximately 150 words, including in-text citations.
- What? Synopsis of the consumer’s story (Approximately 400 words, including in-text citations).
- So What? Exploration of the consumer’s narratives and narrative theory (Approximately 400 words, including in-text citations).
- Now what? Refection on professional development (Approximately 400 words, includingin-text citations).
- Conclusion:Sum up the consumer journey/narratives/reflection (approximately 150 words, including in-text citations).
- Reference list(not included in the word count). Consumer Interaction and Narratives Reflection Assignment.
- Please only write in the first or third person for this assignment. You may prefer to use a combination of both (eg: third person for the introduction, What? and So what? parts and first person in the Now what? and conclusion).
- Students MUST use de-identified namesfor when referring to the consumer in your assignment. This is to protect their confidentiality.
- Feel free to use headings to differentiate each section of your assignment (eg: What?, So What? and Now What?).
- There is no minimum number of references for this assignment however Borton’s Framework for Reflection should be referenced appropriately.
- Assignments should be first submitted through the URKUND portal in Canvas. Please review your URKUND result and make appropriate amendments (if required) prior to your final submission in the Assignment 1 portal on Canvas to avoid plagiarism.