Constantine’s Grocery Case Study
Please discuss the IPO process in the USA. Then, identify and discuss the critical events, points-in-time, for an IPO. (in-text citations, apa format)Paper
Submit a written paper which is at 4-5 pages in length, exclusive of the reference page, double spaced in Times New Roman font which is no greater than 12 points in size. The paper should cite at least three sources independent of the textbooks. (in-text citations, apa format- 3 pages)
In this paper, please discuss the following case study. In doing so, explain your approach to the problem, support your approach with references, and execute your approach. Provide an answer to the case study’s question with a recommendation. Case Study:
A local family business is facing a decision. Constantine’s Grocery has been a landmark company in a small city in the USA. Over the past 60 years, what began as a single fresh fruit and vegetable store became a full service grocery store chain with many stores throughout the city. Constantine is incorporated with only 6 shareholders, all family members. The decision it is facing is how to raise much needed capital to maintain its current business operations and to allow the possibility of growth in the future. The family believes it needs an additional $135 million dollars. This sum is too large for a bank line of credit and no one in the family has additional funding to invest into the company. The family is considering other alternatives.One alternative is to publicly issue debt (corporate bonds), the other alternative is to issue common stock to the public.
- In this paper, describe the process (in detail) of how a public offering occurs. A chronological account of how most public offerings would be an appropriate format, although not required.
- In addition, discuss the impact and implications of each alternative.
- How does each alternative affect control over the company?
- As a small family business, the internal affairs and finances of the company were well guarded from the public view by the family. How does this change?
- What are the financial reporting effects of this decision?
- How will additional debt impact future earnings? How will new stockholders change the management of the company?
Superior papers will explain the following elements:
- Provide a narrative about the impact of issuing stock to the public. The narrative will include the topics of loss of control of the company and the requirements that future financial statements will be available to the public.
- Provide a narrative about the impact of issuing debt to the public. The narrative will include the topics of potential loss of the company if debt covenants are breached and the requirements that future financial statements will be available to the public.
- Provide a narrative on the initial public offering (IPO) process using at least four research sources outside the textbook material. The narrative of the IPO process steps should include the (a) role of investment banker, (b) deal negotiation, ( c) preparation and submission to the SEC of the registration statement, (d) SEC approval, ( e) setting an issue date, and (f) setting an issue price.
- Discussion (in text citation apa format 1 page)
Watch the video: Piercy, D. (2014, Nov 4). Global Human Resource Management. [Video File].
- This video features an employee who agreed to locate himself and his family from New York to Paris, France. This situation was not successful and the employee asked to have his contract terminated and return to New York.
- Read the article: Chew, J. (2004). Managing MNC Expatriates through crises: A challenge for international human resource management, Research and Practice in Human Resource Management, 12(2), 1-30. Download the pdf.
Using the video, discuss the issues you found most compelling. Was the employee being unreasonable in his requests? How did the HR team handle the situation? Given what you know about the challenges of expatriates, was there anything that the company should have done for this employee and/or his family? Who is ultimately responsible for making sure the expatriate experience is a successful one?
- Provide an analysis and suggest some solutions and strategies for improving expatriate success.
- If you have ever been an expatriate, please use your own experiences to enhance the discussion.
- Paper (3 pages – in text citation apa format)
Submit a paper which is 3-4 pages in length, exclusive of the reference page, and double-spaced. The paper should cite sources independent of the textbooks using APA format.
- Assume you are working for a mid-size company that is looking to go international. Choose one aspect of employment law from your country of origin* and choose another country where your company is planning its new expansion. Compare and contrast the chosen law (or set of laws) between the two countries.
- Write an International Corporate Employment Policy on the subject of your choice. Include an explanation of the additional steps needed before actual implementation.
* If you’re in the United States: Choose a country and compare and contrast an aspect of U.S. employment law with that Country’s employment law. If you’re outside of the United States: Compare and contrast an aspect of U.S. employment law with your Country of Origin.Assessment Criteria
- Laws have been chosen from two countries and both contain rich detail that sets the tone for the rest of the paper
- Comparisons contain depth and breadth and allow reader to clearly similarities and differences will cause issues for an HR Manager
- Both policy and implementation plan cover the broad issues and include important detail that covers many of the apparent gaps between the laws in the two countries
- Organization – The ideas are arranged logically to support the aims of the paper. They flow smoothly from one to another and are clearly linked to each other
- Use of References and Research – Reference information from a variety of relevant, quality sources and are synthesized into the work to strengthen/build upon the stated arguments.