Clinical Psychology: Fictitious Adolescent Patient
This is an APA format paper.
Following the information gleaned from a patient interview, staff or family input, and chart review; follow this outline and submit the final Psychiatric Diagnostic Evaluation as a narrative. It should be submitted as a Word document in APA 6 format.
Using a fictitious adolescent patient,
Include in your assessment a work-up and/or questions for adult specific disorders. What diagnostic tests/screening tools would you use for the adult? Include in your treatment plan specific types of therapy that are used when working with adult.Using the following headings, please address all of these
- Identifying data
- BACKGROUND (Why do you think this case is important-why did you decide to write it up?)
- CASE PRESENTATION (Presenting features, medical/social/family history.) Demographics should include: age, sex, who they live with, who they are accompanied by for your interview, who referred them to you. Payor source.
- Chief Complaint of Patient History of Present Illness Current Medications Past Psychiatric History Past Psychiatric Medications Substance Use/Abuse Assessment
- Medical History Allergies Family History – Psychiatric and Addiction History. (Include Medical if Pertinent) Developmental and Social History DIAGNOSTIC TESTS
- PHYSICAL EXAM Complete FINDINGS
- Case Formulation Section –
- Differential Diagnoses – list 3 differentials and state why you consider them
- Diagnosis – state the diagnosis for this patient
- Treatment Plan –1) Pharmacology – 2) Diagnostic/Lab Work (if indicated) -3) Evidence-Based NonPharmacologic al Interventions 4) Patient and Family Education 5) Referrals
- PSYCHOTHERAPY TREATMENT PLAN: Create a treatment plan regarding psychotherapy with 3 specific items. Must include justification and references for your decisions and suggestions
- Outcome and follow up discussion
- Discuss case hypothesis and how it fits into the treatment plan including the psychotherapy aspects
- Section specific to the age group
This is a separate page that will come at the end One to two pages should answer all these questions
Include in your assessment a genogram – minimum of 3 generations back from the patient and if they have children or grandchildren then also going forward. Watch for patterns. Include in your treatment plan specific types of therapy that are used when working with adults with the diagnosis you have chosen. Address in your narrative how family structure and dynamics affects the diagnosis and treatment of your patient. What are the family dynamics for this patient and how does it affect the mental status of this patient. What developmental stage should the patient be in based on chronological age and is the patient in that stage? Address parenting styles that you observed with your patient and the family and whether these were working or not working. How does the family culture affect the diagnosis and treatment plan for this patient? How did the patient’s family of origin impact this patient and the way the patient has adapted to work, school and current family life? How does the patient’s diagnosis impact this patient and the way the patient has adapted to work, school and current family life? What is this patient’s biggest stressor and how can the patient be taught to deal with it in a healthier manner?