Description of the task
Change and sustainability are inextricably linked. The way that an organisation approaches change is based on its commitment to sustainability, the challenges it faces, the drivers for change, and a range of organisational and industry characteristics. Choosing one of the two case studies provided, you will develop a change strategy for the implementation of sustainability related change within the chosen organisation. Your change strategy should identify and critically evaluate an appropriate change meta-model and a change tool. There is no set structure for this assignment but you will be assessed on both your report content and written expression. You are expected to draw on a range of academic texts and to provide a complete and accurate reference list. It is important that you demonstrate how the various elements of your proposed change approach (sustainability issue + meta-model + change tool + recommendations) are complementary, appropriate for the organisational context and identified issue, and address sustainability, ethical and social responsibility concerns. ORDER YOUR PAPER NOW
What needs to be covered in the report
1. Identify a sustainability issue that the organisation in your chosen case study is facing (this can be the same as your presentation or you can choose a different issue). Describe what kind of sustainability issue it is, explain why it is a sustainability issue that the organisation should address, and justify why change is necessary from a social responsibility/sustainability perspective.
2. Briefly describe the sustainability outcome you are hoping to achieve with this change and what aspect of the business the change will focus on.
3. The sustainability phases model describes an organisation’s level of commitment to and practice regarding human and ecological sustainability. Identify and concisely describe the sustainability phase the organisation is currently in for the issue and the sustainability phase the proposed change will move the organisation to and why.
4. Select and define a change meta-model which frames your change approach and describes the nature of the proposed change. ORDER YOUR PAPER NOW
5. A change tool provides the framework for change and determines how the change will happen. Select an appropriate change tool, describe its key features, and critique its strengths and weaknesses with respect to the proposed change approach.
6. Recommend ways of exploiting the strengths and addressing any limitations of the selected change approach to ensure that the change is both sustainable and socially responsible (i.e. it recognises and addresses the potential impacts on people, the business and the environment).