Case Study: Aviation Maintenance Standards
Week 7 – Aviation Maintenance and Operations System Management
Discussion: Homeland Security Transparency Reporting
Review the following strategic plan: https://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/files/publications/19_0702_plcy_dhs-strategic-plan-fy20-24.pdf
Utilize the module readings and other sources to obtain data about the Department of Homeland Security’s strategic plans and agency goals. Respond to the following prompt:
Choose a Department of Homeland Security (DHS) goal and summarize it. Present your thoughts regarding the success of the DHS in describing, measuring, and accomplishing the goal. Post a question about your findings for your classmates to answer. Write a minimum of 200 words. Use at least one outside reference source cited in current APA format.Case Study: Aviation Maintenance Standards
Prepare a 2-3 page case study that outlines a process to implement international standards for aircraft maintenance and operations systems and procedures. Present at least two ‘roadblocks’ to international standardization and offer your thoughts on potential solutions. Include additional research and resources to support your case study. The assignment and references should be written according to the APA format.
Utilize the following resources:
- Don’t Let This Happen to You! (U.S. Department of Commerce)
- Bureau of Industry and Security from the US Department of Commerce
- Creating an Effective Export Compliance Program (YouTube/7:24)
- Building Linkages for Export Success (ISO)
- Building Trust: The Conformity Assessment Toolbox (ISO)
- ISO/TC 20 Business Plan (ISO)
- ISO Snapshot: Aircraft and Space Vehicles (ISO)
- Dealing with Challenges in the Aircraft Maintenance Business (YouTube/9:21)
Discussion: Airport Security
The three areas for hot spots in airports are the check-in counters, secure passageways, and underground stations. As frequent fliers, many of us tolerate check-in counter and intermodal transportation delays because we have some personal control and strategies to manage our waiting time. We can use our mobile devices to avoid waiting at ticket counters, checking in our bags, or even selecting how we will arrive at the airport. But other than applying for TSA Pre-Check, we are at the unpredictable mercy of the TSA screeners. Discuss and debate what you can do as a planner to alleviate this congestion.Virtual Trip
Visiting an Airport as an Observer
In this assignment, you are going to evaluate your most recent parking experience at an airport. You will also rate the concession level of service. If you are able to, you are encouraged to visit your nearest airport to complete this assignment. If you are unable to physically visit an airport you may “virtually” visit. You may virtually visit using Google Earth®, Google Maps®, or view this video Airport Parking Options to complete this assignment. Prepare a minimum of a two-page document (not including the reference page) and address the following:
- https://airportscouncil.org reports that of the $8.2 billion in non-aeronautical revenue collected by airports, over 40%, comes from parking and ground transportation. Is the cost of parking at your airport in line with your expectations?
- Provide a diagram of the parking areas. You can use any media to provide this diagram, including hand-drawn renderings. Make sure to label each area.
- Discuss the airport’s parking plan in detail, providing the number of spaces available and revenue received in the last published year.
- Address the layout of the parking plan and your opinion as to whether it is well designed for passenger services. Defend your position.
- What demographic of traveler (business, recreational, casual) predominately use this concession?
- Are there any areas where you, as a planner, can help the business?