The marginal world, by Carson:
- Describe how Carson experiences the marginal world between land and sea.
- What special meaning does she find there? Explain.
- Do you think it is important to experience the natural world apart from civilization? Why or why not?
Lives of a cell: ORDER YOUR PAPER NOW
- What is Thomas’ view of the earth? Explain.
- What does he compare the earth to? Explain.
- How does the interconnectedness of all things affect how he sees humans? explain. Do you agree?
Solace of Open Spaces
- Describe how Open Spaces provide “solace” to the author?
- Describe how at least one person in your group has experienced nature in this way.
- Do you think this benefit of nature is important in comparison to what can be taken form the land for sustenance?
The Way to Rainy Mountain
- How does the author’s grandmother view nature?
- How does Momaday?
- Compare Native American views of nature to those of modern Western society
Article on the environment by Anne Scheid
- Describe what eco-problem you think is the worst one and hardest to solve.
- Explain why it is an important or pressing problem and why is it difficult to solve. Include technological and cultural issues in your response. ORDER YOUR PAPER NOW
- Do you think reading about environmental problems is helpful? Explain.