Business Process Management Report
Joondalup Hospital General Medical Process(es) (Detailed case description can be found in the Appendix of this document.)
Part B (30%) – Individual
You are required to provide recommendations for the possible changes to the business process or to the way they are managed which you consider will add value to their business and why they are more efficient and effective compared with the existing model.For solving problems/issues, you also need to consider the resources and performance. For example:
- Where is the process bottleneck?
- How to better organize staff and allocate jobs to achieve 80% utilization? (You don’t need to provide accurate numbers; general discussion and analysis will be efficient.)
You should carefully read the diagrams and link them to the key issues/problems. Identify and analyse these problems by:
- Creating an issue register for the process with at least 5 issues/problems.
- Create a Fishbone diagram to investigate different causes for the process.
- Go over the identified causes of your fishbone, identify their impact relevance for the process. Highlight/Circle the relevant causes in your As-Is model.
Develop the TO-BE Model:
- Choose and state a suitable improvement direction (axis of the devil’s triangle) using your task a, b and c findings as input
- identify suitable improvement heuristics for the identified process areas based on your improvement direction and model the TO-BE process.
Just submit a single MS Word document. Archives with multiple files and subfolders will not be accepted.