BSBHRM501 Manage Human Resource
Knowledge Questions are specifically designed to assess your knowledge and application of learning within this Unit. Please carefully read through each question.In your response, please use terms and phrases presented within your learning unit. Reflect on your learning resources including video links, links to other resources and your own research.
Please note: Where the response does not sufficiently demonstrate your knowledge in this assessment, your submission will be returned for resubmission.
- Explain the importance and value of HR services and strategies within an organisation.
- Identify at least FIVE core services provided by HR in most organisations. Explain each service as to its purpose within an organisation. Present an advantage and a disadvantage for the delivery of each service.
- HR services should be consistently managed through regular monitoring and reviewing processes. Discuss this statement and its importance within a business. List FIVE processes which can be used to monitor and review processes. Identify any risks that could arise where HR services are not being monitored or regularly reviewed.
- Fully discuss how the process of integrating business ethics into HR practices adds value to an organisation. Where unethical behaviour is identified, fully explain how and why this should be dealt with promptly.
- Explain how confidentiality requirements within an organisation can be met and why ethical behaviours must be consistently demonstrated by HR personnel and senior managers. Where confidentiality has been breached by a Manager, explain actions which must be taken immediately and state why.
- List and explain at least SIX steps in any strategic planning process. Briefly describe the purpose of strategic planning and reflect on the importance of contract management.
- The goals of an organisation are stated within their Corporate/Business Plan. Operational plans have a different purpose – explain the relationship of an Operational Plan to a Business Plan. Then list the most significant headings used in an Operation Plan.
- List and describe the main six external factors that influence human resource services.
- List THREE internal stakeholders and state key reasons for engaging with them when planning HR resources.
- Identify and discuss THREE different processes for enabling, promoting and encouraging feedback
- Describe valuing diversity. Provide steps for achieving this within a business
- Identify and discuss at least FIVE corporate benefits, when applying genuine diversity principles
- Identify and describe at least FIVE different and significant Acts that a business would implement, to ensure HR services are compliant.
- When under taking human resource planning what should the process include?
- List the personnel/officers who are most likely to be involved in the development of strategies and action plans for the delivery of human resource services. Explain their roles.
- Name FOUR corporate documents that reflect the roles and responsibilities of the human resource team. Provide a brief explanation of each one.
- HR communications strategy is identified as important within any business. Explain wht this is, why it is important. List different resources which should be included in any such strategy
- List and describe the key elements of any service level agreement
- Discuss the purpose and role for having a contemporary service level agreement
- Identify and discuss key considerations within a business when identifying and managing training and development programs.
- Explain what QA is within a business, and its purpose. Then list and describe the FOUR steps for any organisation when designing/implementing QA processes
- Explain the importance of a QA system in a business. List key elements of a system which should be measured/assessed regularly.
- State what the value of a basic needs assessment in a business is, and the most likely outcomes.
- External providers are being considered for a business, explain the essential criteria to be considered prior to appointment.
- Provide THREE examples of how underperformance, or poor performance, can be evidenced
- Give FOUR reasons why underperformance can emerge within a business.
- State how a business should calculate and demonstrate ROI on providing human resource services
- List FOUR significant outcomes for a business with an efficient HRIS.
- List at least FIVE significant records which must be retained by HR services.
- Human Resource services should design, manage and monitor feedback systems to meet key outcomes. Explain the most common reasons for organisations to undertake HR surveys, list five (5) types of surveys which may be used and two (2) significant outcomes to be achieved.