Best Homes Forecasting Methods
According to the assigned case study, Best Homes is a new home construction company with headquarters in Kansas City, Missouri. They construct only residential homes throughout the U.S. and only new homes. Having started on the East coast in 1945 they expanded to the Midwest and ultimately to the West coast and the South. They build all types of residential new homes from low-end prices to the high-end of the market. Analyze the case study and answer the following questions:1. What forecasting methods should the company consider? Please justify.
2. Use the classical decomposition method to forecast average demand for 2016 by month. What is your forecast of monthly average demand for 2016?
3. Best Homes is also collecting sales projections from each of its regions for 2016. What role should these additional sales projections play, along with the forecast from question 2, in determining the final national forecast?
- Label your Word document as follows: yourlastname.doc (ex: Johnson.docx)
- The paper should be at least 1,000-words
- The paper should be APA-compliant paper comprising your response
- Minimum 5 full pages of content (Word Document) of strategic material (does not include cover page, abstract, nor reference pages)
- All charts, graphs, pictures are to go in the appendix (not a substitute for content)
- The paper must provide inline citations to at least five scholarly sources supporting your paper
- Refrain from excessive use of quotes in your response (less than 5%)
- Once you submit your document to the assignment folder it will automatically be loaded to TURNITIN.COM within the course. Your similarity scan score must be 20% or less (the following will be excluded: headers, bibliography, etc. prior to instructor grading paper—focus on the content of scan percentage
- Plagiarism will result in an automatic zero for this assignment
- There are no late assignments accepted after the last day of the course