Bayer Pharmaceuticals Business Strategy
Business success depends upon effective strategic choices as to which industry an organisation will complete in and how competitive advantage will be achieved in that industry. The assessment requires you to analyse Bayer Pharmaceuticals Business Strategy between 2015 and 2019.Answer the questions set taking into account the mark distribution for each question.
1. Identify Bayer’s Business Strategy between 2015 and 2019 and produce a critical appraisal of Bayer’s current strategic position. (70 marks)
2. Identify and evaluate the strategic options available to Bayer and recommend an option. (30 marks)
(Total 100 marks)
- Using Microsoft Word the assignment must be written in English.
- Your submissions should be submitted on A4 paper, one sided and double-spaced using a minimum of 12-point point font size, with a one-inch margin on each side of the paper.
- The assignment should be submitted electronically in a Word document via the module Moodle site no later than 12pm on the date stated on the cover sheet.
- Any references should be clearly shown and in Harvard format.
- The assessments must be your own work and adhere to the presentation requirements outlined above. Cheating and plagiarism is considered to be a serious issue within the University.
- This is an Individual assignment.
- Please ensure your submission uses the assignment cover sheet.
When you submit the assignment you declare that you:
- Have read and understand that university’s guidance on plagiarism and cheating.
- You confirm that it is solely your own work or, in the case of a group submission, that it is the result of joint work by members of the group that you represent.
- That it contains no unreferenced material from another source.
- That you keep a copy of the assignment.
- Failure to abide by the rules will result in disciplinary action against you.
- Do not copy tracts of work from printed material, the internet or another student.
- Do not share an electronic copy of your work with anyone not concerned in its production.
- Please refer to https://www.bcu.ac.uk/library/services-and-support/referencing for guidance on how to reference using Harvard referencing.
- Please also read: https://icity.bcu.ac.uk/Academic-Services/Information-for-Students/Assessment/Avoiding-Allegations-of-Cheating.