Analysis of Abused Substance
To Develop A Comprehensive Analysis Of One Abused Substance
For your Signature Assignment, choose one of the substances mentioned in Weeks 3, 4, and 5. Prepare a paper in which you use critical thinking to address these points:• In your opinion, how has our society reacted to those who abuse or become dependent on the substance you are focusing on?
• What are the psychopharmacological properties of this substance (review reading assignments relevant to your chosen substance listed with Weeks 3, 4, or 5)?
• How does the abuse of this substance differ in terms of gender and ethnicity (review reading assignments listed in Week 6)?
• How does the impact of this substance abuse have on the family (review reading assignments listed in Week 7)?
• What are evidence-based treatment options available for those who develop a substance use disorder with the particular substance you have selected?
• What ethical principles must be followed in the treatment for those who develop a substance use disorder with this particular substance?
Your paper should be well organized: begin with an introduction, then present clearly organized sections and subsections, and conclude with a summary and conclusion.Length: 10-12 pages
Resources: Support your paper with at least 5 references from peer-reviewed journals published in the past 5 years. In addition to these specified resources, other appropriate scholarly resources, including older articles, may be included.
Your paper should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course by providing new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards. Be sure to adhere to Northcentral University’s Academic Integrity Policy.