American Eagle Outfitters Analysis
This IP builds upon your work in Units 1 and 2.
In this unit, you will continue to analyze and interpret the financial statements for American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. Using the financial statements (located in Appendix A: American Eagle Outfitters, Inc., 2020 Annual Report of the required textbook: Financial Accounting), review the company’s operational assets.
Consider the following questions:
- What types of operational assets does the company have?
- Are there any intangibles?
- What inventory costing methods are used?
- What depreciation methods are used?
Deliverable Requirements: Your evaluation of the company’s operational assets should have at least 5 pages (the title and reference pages are not counted in these 5 pages) as well as follow the requirements below for using the APA style.
- For your evaluation of the operational assets, present industry findings regarding assets.
- Address the questions above, and consider their implications to American Eagle Outfitters, Inc.
- Do not forget to review the notes to the financial statements for additional information about the company’s operational assets.
Length: There should be at least 5 pages.
Body: This begins on the page following the title and abstract pages and must be double-spaced (be careful not to triple- or quadruple-space between paragraphs). The typeface should be 12-point Times New Roman or 12-point Courier in regular black type. Do not use color, bold type, or italics, except as required for APA-level headings and references. The deliverable length of the body of your paper for this assignment is 5 pages. In-body academic citations to support your decisions and analysis are required. Using a variety of academic sources is encouraged.
Reference page: References that align with your in-body academic sources are listed on the final page of your paper. The references must be in APA format and use appropriate spacing, hanging indentation, italics, and uppercase and lowercase for the type of resource used. Remember that the reference page is not a bibliography but a further listing of the abbreviated in-body citations used in the paper. Every referenced item must have a corresponding in-body citation.