Alcohol and other Drugs Context
Research and report on the following:
1. What are the specific legislation and guidelines for organisations and individuals around legal and ethical considerations in AOD work in the following areas?
- Codes of Conduct
- Duty of care
- Human rights
- Informed consent
- Mandatory reporting (in your State / Territory, plus one other)
- Privacy confidentiality and disclosure
- Records management.
What is one piece of specific legislation relating to AOD?
You can draw from a range of legislation and practice guidelines – International, National, State / Territory, or Local area. Approximately 250 words2. Research and provide a 400 word report on one (1) of the following settings in which a worker in the AOD sector could be employed. The student must confirm the setting with their assessor prior to commencement of the assessment.
Choose one (1) setting from the following:
- Residential Rehabilitation Program /Therapeutic Community
- Detoxification / Withdrawal Setting
- Community based services (non-government programs)
- Clinical based services (e.g. opiate replacement therapy)
Use the headings below to guide your report.
- The rights and responsibilities of the client and the worker in the setting (150 words);
- The importance of professional role boundaries and examples of professional boundaries to be observed (150 words);
- The values and philosophy of the setting (100 words)
3. Choose one of the following evidence-based models that a client experiencing alcohol or other drug issues could access. Complete a 350 word review of the model.
- 12 Step Model – Alcoholics Anonymous / Narcotics Anonymous
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
- Narrative therapy.