Adult Learning Principles Presentation
Reading/Literacy specialists are responsible for teaching young students, as well as the adult educators that lead them. Following an effective leadership model, as well as understanding the principles of adult learning, are important for reading/literacy specialists when working with a diverse range of people. Adult learning is said to be the heart of literacy leadership. In order to create professional development opportunities that honor adult learners, reading/literacy specialists need to understand and follow principles of adult education.Create a 10-12 slide digital presentation describing successful adult learning principles and professional learning and leadership models to present to other reading/literacy specialists as a professional development. Focus on specific, research-based models and include the following in your presentation:
- Description of at least three principles of adult learning and their features.
- Description of at least three professional learning and leadership models and their features.
- Explanation of how the principles of adult learning and professional learning and leadership models described help guide your leadership approach, while promoting career-long learning.
- Description of how the principles of adult learning and professional learning and leadership models described can be used to differentiate professional development for diverse adult learners.
- Description of how the adult learning principles and professional learning and leadership models described apply to professional development and school culture.
- Title slide, reference slide, and presenter notes
Following the presentation, include a 250-500 word reflection describing the approach you plan to take when leading adult learners, based on the information from your digital presentation. Explain how you will use adult learning principles and professional learning and leadership models to guide your leadership approach as a reading/literacy specialist. How does your plan for leading adult learners align with the GCU College of Education Professional Dispositions, as well as enhance professional development and school culture? Support your presentation and reflection with 3-5 scholarly resources.
While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite Technical Support Articles is located in Class Resources if you need assistance.